At the New Hampshire (NH) Division of Public Health Services, the Bureau of Infectious Disease Control Sections work together to protect the health of New Hampshire residents by investigating and tracking reports of diseases that threaten the health of the public.
The Blacklegged tick can transmit Lyme disease. Other tickborne diseases that it can be transmitted and have been known to transmit in New Hampshire are: anaplasmosis, babesiosis, and Powassan virus.
For more information on Lyme and other tickborne diseases, visit the New Hampshire Division of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
CDC – When it comes to testing Lyme disease, some laboratories use assays which have not been “adequately established” according to the CDC. The CDC has identified some Laboratory tests that are not recommended.
UNH EXTENSION has teamed up with UMass’ TICKREPORTTM to provide a tick identification and testing service.
University of Rhode Island (URI)
Results within 3 business days.
- Standard DNA Package – $50.00
- Standard DNA & RNA Package – $100.00
- Comprehensive Package – $200.00
Comprehensive testing – Universal Pathogen Screen (includes all tests except Powassan/DTV) – $85.00
- Powassan Virus (POWV) and Deer Tick Virus (DTV) – $60.00
- Lyme Disease Only – $42.00
- Babesiosis Only – $42.00
- Anaplasmosis Only – $42.00
- Ehrlichiosis Only – $42.00
- Borrelia miyamotoi – $42.00
- Tick Identification – $5.00
Free tick identification. All samples are saved for 1 year.
Results are emailed to you within 24-72 hours, depending on priority option
- $55.00 for results in 24-72 hours
- $35.00 for results in 3 business days
Universal Tick Test – includes testing for all Lyme (B. burgdorferi) tests are repeated at no additional charge
- Lyme disease
- Borrelia miyamotoi
- Borrelia mayonii
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
University of Massachusetts (UMass)
Results within 48 hours from the lab receipt.
- Basic Panel – $49.99
- Advanced Panel – $99.99
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Panel – $199.99
Connecticut Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory (CVMDL)
Results within 3-5 business days. RUSH offered for $25.00 in less than 2 business days
- Tick identification – $15.00
- Lyme disease – $55.00
- Comprehensive diagnostic PCR panel – $85.00 to $125.00
- Deer tick (human host) – $125.00
- Deer tick (non-human host) – $105.00
- Dog tick – $105.00
- Lone Star tick – $125.00
- Brown dog tick – $85.00
TestTicks New Jersey Laboratories
Test results will be emailed to the individual 5-7 days after receiving the specimen.
Lyme disease only tick test – $55.00 – Identifies the type of tick (species) and test for the presence of the bacteria which causes Lyme disease in tick specimen.
Relevant tickborne diseases tick test – $105.00 – Identifies tick species and tests for common diseases such as:
- Lyme disease
- Tickborne Relapsing Fever
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever